GEC Sustainable Procurement Training
GEC Sustainable Procurement Training
Through our decade-long support of institutional purchasers and managing EPEAT, GEC understands the challenges procurement professionals face. Purchasers know how to procure products and services, and they do it well. But many face challenges implementing sustainable procurement that provides lasting value.
GEC’s sustainable procurement training focuses on procurement first and builds additional procurement capacity. We help accelerate the transition to more sustainable procurement.
Sustainable Procurement Workshops
GEC offers a half-day workshop on “Sustainable Procurement: Considerations and Best Practices.” The workshop explains foundational aspects of a sustainable purchasing program, viewed through the lens of the procurement professional. Our “Procurement First” philosophy offers solutions that help an organization balance primary procurement needs while integrating sustainable considerations into the procurement process.
“The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania enlisted the expertise of GEC to gain a better understanding of our Environmental Preferred Products process.?GEC staff?were able to provide an onsite half day seminar to key stakeholders. The presentation was informative and relevant to the direction and initiatives that our Procurement Team is taking. I would highly recommend taking advantage of the opportunity that GEC affords to the Public Procurement community to broaden your insight into Green Procurement.”
The Green Electronics Council did an outstanding job in educating the State of Connecticut Procurement staff on EPEAT and opportunities for sustainable purchasing in the world of Information Technology. Our staff gained new approaches to these sustainable goals and hints to gain more global support of such initiatives through our contracts. Jonathan and Cara leveled with our staff and generated a sparked interest and enthusiasm for taking action. EPEAT is a tremendous resource to help us procure products with the best sustainable attributes. We are very grateful for the time and knowledge that GEC shared with our team!
The Green Electronics Council recently gave an informative presentation on EPEAT and sustainable procurement to our State procurement officers and members of the Maryland Green Purchasing Committee. The presentation was very knowledgeable, extremely professional and DGS looks forward to putting the concepts presented into action for the State of Maryland. ?
GEC’s team brings more than a decade of sustainable procurement experience and shares best practices and tactics that address:
– Understanding the sustainable purchasing value add
– Organizational considerations and buy-in
– Commodity prioritization and specification development
– Embedding sustainability into the procurement process
– Maintaining a sustainable purchasing program
Sustainable Procurement Webinar Series
Throughout 2018, GEC is hosting a four part-webinar series, “Sustainable Procurement Through a Public and Private Sector Lens: Understanding Differences in Motivation, Roles, Strategy, and Results.”
The series brings together procurement professionals from the public and private sectors to share their unique sector-specific experience in implementing sustainable purchasing within their organization. Each stand-alone webinar addresses an aspect of sustainable purchasing as viewed through the lens of the public or private sector.
Additional Sustainable Procurement Training
GEC offers a suite of training services that meets procurement professionals and organizations where they are – their existing procurement processes, systems and level of sustainability knowledge.
Procurement-focused and not a lecture on sustainability.
Designed to strengthen existing procurement processes and accelerate the transition to sustainable procurement.
Meeting procurement professionals and organizations where they are.
- One hour introduction to specific issues.
- Examples of sustainable procurement.
- Best practices.
- Half-day session.
- Key elements of sustainable procurement.
- Essential steps for implementation.
- 1.5 hour session per month over 6 months.
- Classroom style training with “take-away” exercises.
- Topics include prioritizing, ICT as spend category, suppliers, internal teams, tracking & reporting, communicating value.
- Choose credible ecolabels through GEC’s Ecolabel Tool (streamlined version of US EPA Guidelines).
- Share challenges and insights.
- Develop support network of other professionals.
- Customized modules for procurement teams – select the most applicable for your team.
- Landscape – market trends, legislation, policies, mandates.
- Policy, specification, contract development.
- Spend analysis, prioritizing spend categories.
- Ecolabels and a credibility decision matrix.
- Incorporating organizational sustainability goals.
- Linking benefits to broader organization.
- Ongoing maintenance.
- Deeper and more focused support.
- Sustainable procurement program development.
- Implementation, research and/or additional training.
We look forward to helping you meet your organization’s procurement and sustainability goals. Please feel free to contact us with any further questions.